Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Eggs? What Eggs?


OK, so my BFF Diana gave me an Amish Frienship Bread starter. I carefully followed the instructions for 9 days...mushing the bag, adding the flour, milk, and sugar, and letting the air out when needed. Finally I'm ready to bake this fabulous bread. Never made bread before, but I'm an OK baker, so I gave it a try.

I FORGOT THE EGGS! Not just one egg...3 EGGS! So, needless to say the bread was a little...um...flat. More like a very moist brownie than bread. But it was delicious anyway! Both loaves have been all but gobbled up by my crew of garbage disposals!

So, 10 days from now I'll be baking again. This time, WITH eggs...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirl! Sounds like something I would do!lol I thought about making bread today for my husband's co-worker who keeps sending home cukes and tomatoes for us but that thought quickly passed. Maybe tomorrow? I think my yeast went bad anyway!! I guess if they ate it up it was worth the effort! You won't make that mistake again I'll bet! Funny post. Have a great night - Jeannette Oh and thanks for your nice comments on my projects!

bj said...

Oh, boy, girlfriend...been there..done that !!
Bet it tasted great, tho.
I haven't made bread in forever...and I LOVE homemade bread...warm....with butter....and jelly....or gravy....or plain....

Anonymous said...

Fewer calories in the bread without the eggs, so you can load on more butter!!! Brownie bread with melted butter...........mmmmmmmmmm!!

Send me some.

Unknown said...

Oh well, your version was "choleserol free"!

Christina said...

LOL! Better luck the next time. At least it got eaten.

Lisa & Alfie said...

Stop! I am gaining so much weight reading this! There is nothing like homemade bread, with or without, eggs.
Lisa & Alfie

Pink Slippers said...

I was given one of those a year ago. Prettty fun. That is pretty neat everyone still gobbled it up with missing eggs. Great huh?