Monday, August 11, 2008

Yes We Can!

Unfortunately I experienced "technical difficulties" with the countertop project over the weekend.

The saw kept binding up and wouldn't go but about a foot into the cut before stopping completely. Now, mind you, my experience with a circular saw is minimal, and the thing was very hateful with all it's safety bells and whistles (who needs all those anyway?)

I called in reinforcements this morning and after dear son #2 assessed the situation, he immediately saw the problem. The saw blade was loose! He tightened it up and the stupid countertop cut like butter! Imagine that! So he's going to finish whacking off the excess today and I'll be able to move it against the wall this evening. If only I had called him sooner!

Hey, even Bob-The-Builder needs help every now and then!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch that thing!! What if you'd cut off your stitching fingers?????

I want to see pics! (of the kitchen, not your lopped of digits)!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

well I am glad he noticed that loose blade ! Yeah, make sure you show us a pic !

Christina said...

Good thing you have a handy assistant.