Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday, Sweet Friday!


Are you ready for the weekend??? It's been a long week and I'm so ready to sleep in, spend time with my princess, and of course, get the house cleaned and laundry done. (That last bit isn't much fun, but it sure does make me feel good once it's done! Hey, that rhymes! LOL)

I'm hoping to get some more work done on the kitchen, too. My home was considered a "fixer" when I bought it 2 years ago this October. It's a 1950's California Rancher and nothing has been done to update it SINCE the 1950's!

I've taken up the old stinky green indoor/outdoor carpet which was a mammoth project. Underneath the black foam backing which was literally stuck to the floor, I found the most gorgeous oak hardwoods!

After the carpet came up...

After they were sanded...

And the finished work of art!

I've also painted the living room, ripped out the old rusted metal kitchen cabinets, and painted the kitchen walls. It's a slow process, but I'm enjoying doing the work myself. I'll share more before/after pictures as I get things done.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Love the pic of the girls. I am so ready for my weekend too, even if it does include the nasty housework.
You will be so happy when you have everything remodeled. It is a lot of work,especially when you do it yourself.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Wow ! what a transformation on that floor ! I bet that job made you feel so rewarded . the floor is beautiful !

Karen said...

wow the floor looks super

Unknown said...

Oh, you lucky girl! Your floors are magnificent! I'm so impressed with you doing all that yourself. I wish you were closer so you could teach me some things. Thanks for the super nice comment on my blog, by the way.

bj said...

what beautiful floors...you are so lucky to have them...
We live in a 50's ranch here in West Texas but when we tore out old carpet, all we found was CONCRETE!! bOO HOO

Unknown said...

Wow, your floors look amazing. I can't wait to get rid of our carpet too, 1970's style and we are going room to room redoing our ranch..it never ends and it seems mammouth...hand in there, you are doing a fabulous job. Thank you for stopping by my blog, hope to see you again.

kindredly, Lynne Laura