Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy 8/8/8!!!


What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, a slight breeze is blowing, and I don't have to work tomorrow! Life is good! LOL

Lynne and I are meeting for dinner after work, then we're going back to her house to stitch for a while.

Tomorrow I plan to use power tools (they make me feel so manly) and get some work done on the kitchen. I've decided my island has to go. I've lived with it for a few weeks now, and it's just too big and doesn't leave enough room in the kitchen. So, I'm going to whack off about 10 inches of the countertop and scoot the cabinets over against the wall. That will open up the room and give me space to put my smaller island in the middle of the floor. I'm sure I'll like that much better. It's a Work-in-Progress!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Lisa & Alfie said...

Wait! We need, okay, want to see before pics before you go tool time on that island!
Lisa & Alfie

"Magnolia" said...

LOL, I can do that, Lisa. Just hope 'ole Tim doesn't end up in the ER! ROFL

bj said...

Ohhh...it's a beautiful day here in West Texas, too, my little "TOOL TIME" friend !!
Can't wait to see your finished project...
Have a blessed and FUN weekend...
bj

Anonymous said...

Be careful not to use those power tools on family members who won't help!! Got an Al to assist you??? I want pics!

Christina said...

Have fun with Lynne. Don't go too crazy with the power tools.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirl! Toolbelt Diva is my hero!!! Love powertools, my husband bought me a nice dremmel set and cordless screwdriver!Love them! Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see end result. Just be careful, don't forget your safety glasses!lol - Jeannette (my computer has been down all day and since I'm waiting up for my daughter to get home I'm bloggin!
11:45pm - I'm sleepy though!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I agree with pickled hutch , do't forget the before pics .