Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes

YUM! My coworker just gave me a mess of green tomatoes. It's been a LONG time since I've fried up a plate of these babies! I can hardly WAIT!!!


The weekend was relatively quiet at Mays Manor. I got a lot of housework done and played Animal Crossing with Miss M. We have a great time together talking about our characters, watching each other play, and finding things that we know the other will like. I love spending time with her.

After work I'm off to the grocery store to get ingredients for my Amish Friendship Bread, and some corn meal for these tomatoes! Miss M and I are going to have fun this evening!

8 comments:

Lisa & Alfie said...

I hope it isn't a secret but could I get that recipe. I have never had one or made one so I think it's time. Those look amazing.]
Lisa & Alfie(who would probably enjoy them too!)

bj said...

oh, I want to try Fried Green Tomatoes sooooo bad...I am not sure how to fix them, tho. And, I am not even sure where I can get GREEN tomatoes...I am thinking you do them like fried okra...just cornmeal with a tiny bit of flour, salt and pepper...right? Does anyone ever fry a firm ripe tomatoe?

Christina said...

I have never had fried green tomatoes. Enjoy.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I had fried squash with green tomatoes mixed in . Yum-o-o-o-o

Thank you for stopping by.

Lisa & Alfie said...

Hi Shirl,
I let you know how they turn out as soon as I can find some green ones! Thanks for sharing the secret recipe.
Lisa & Alfie

Anonymous said...

Morning! I've never had a fried tomatoe but these really make me want to try one! I have one tomatoe plant that isn't turning red and now I'm wondering maybe it isn't supposed to?!lol They look yummy! Have a great day - Jeannette

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

We had some fried green tomatoes last night at a restaurant that looked just like your picture .YUMMY
Thank for stopping by , have a blessed day !

Anonymous said...

I've never had a fried green tomato, but my first date with Ron was seeing the movie! I think that's as close as I want to get to combining fried and tomato.