Thursday, August 28, 2008

Three Stores...


and $68 later Miss M finally has all her school supplies! I feel so badly for parents buying for more than one child! Things are so expensive, and the teachers (whom I respect greatly) sometimes don't realize that having to buy "gel" glue sticks or "plastic" pocket folders can be somewhat of a challenge when you live payday to payday. I'm just glad it's over for another year, other than the occasional pencil or filler paper.

We've had rain the past two days and I'm ecstatic! I just hope it continues through the evening because I don't have to go anywhere and can sit and enjoy it. (LOVE the rain!)

4 comments:

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I don't see how people with several children pay all of that expense. And most women are single mom's too. We have had some rain also, about 3 days of it. We were getting desperate for rain.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, fellow mom.

Raining here too. We haven't had any for weeks, and my brown lawn is thirsty!

bj said...

Oh, we are having rain as we speak and it is fabulous. We always can use rain in West Texas.

My daughter has 4 kids and son has 6 (one is now married and a teacher, tho). This is a hard time of year for them with all the school supplies plus school clothes.

It is really hard for a lot of people, I'm sure.
love, bj

Lisa & Alfie said...

We could use a little of that refreshing rain as it is hot as heck here in SF!
And congrats on getting through the school shop.
Have a great weekend!
Lisa & Alfie
P.S. My green tomatoes turned yellow before I could get to them so I am going to the farmers market tomorrow morning to pick some more up!