Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Island Is History!

I snapped some "before" shots of the island which has now become a counterspace. I'll get some "after" pictures showing it's new home later on. You can click to see them larger.



The kitchen is really starting to come together. I still have to mount two upper cabinets, do the floor and lighting, and paint the ceiling, but already it looks SO much better than what it did when we moved in.
See...


(Taken during our tour of the house before we bought it)

I've had such a headache the past few days. I'm sure it's stress related, but it's really starting to bug me. Anybody got an aspirin?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Magnolia! No wonder you have a headache! My goodness so much hard physical labor!!! I took my overhead cabinets down in my first house all by myself when my husband was at work so I know what you're going through!(I didn't have his ok either!) The reward at the end will be worth it; just pace yourself and take nice long bloggin breaks (or stitch! hard to do with a headache though) Feel better soon. I had to chuckle I guess there are worse things than "cute pig"!!! Sincerely, Jeannette

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Take a break kiddo ! Hey make sure you show the finished project to us .
Have a blessed day !

Lisa & Alfie said...

The prior owners should have fired their stager. Ewww!
I can see why you are moving it. Good idea! It will really open up the space. Go lay down in a darkened room and give yourself some time off. It will still be there when you are done.
Lisa & Alfie

bj said...

Oh, I am excited about your "new" kitchen...I know you are, too.
Lots of work but, oh, so worth it...
Sorry you have a headache..it is probably a lot stress with some allergies thrown in...
Go fix an iced coffee, extra sugar, and REST....

Christina said...

It is looking great. I think anyone that does home renovations always has a headache.

Anonymous said...

The island is beautiful; it's going to look as a countertop!! Can't wait to see the finished room. What pride you will have in it!!

xstitcher said...

WOW! You did it girlfriend!!
Way to go.
Diana