Monday, July 14, 2008

I Have An Island!

WooHoo! The boys carried up the other kitchen cabinet this weekend. When we put the countertop on it stuck WAY out in front of the cabinets and it dawned on me that it's a bar! So, we moved the cabinet to the middle of the kitchen and it became the neatest island with all kinds of counterspace. I'm going to get 3 stools to set on one side, and drop some pendant lights over it. I really love it.

The room is really starting to come together. Once I get the countertops tiled and the two upper cabinets hung it's going to actually look like a kitchen again. I wish I didn't have to depend on anyone to help me because it would already have been done by now otherwise. For some reason the rest of my family just isn't as motivated as I am. Hhhhmmm...wonder why? *rolls eyes*

As usual, the weekend wasn't nearly long enough. Oh, how I wish I could be a SAHM and be taken care of by someone else for a change. Not in this lifetime!

1 comment:

Christina said...

YEAH, on your island. Your story sounds too familiar. DH will help everyone and anyone. When I ask him it takes 10 years. LOL Good luck with rest of your kitchen.