Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pocketful of Sunshine

Even though it's dreary here today, I've got a Pocketful of Sunshine! This is my new theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2XcqKaXDIY

It's just one of those "feel good" songs that inspires you to change your mood. At least it does me.

I've been reading about The Compact and I've been wondering if I could actually go a year without buying anything new (other than necessities like food & medicine). I know I could go a year without buying any new cross stitch stash for myself. I've got an enitre LNS in my stash closet. But it's made me wonder what I actually waste money on that I could do without. We definitely eat out too much, so the elimination of that alone would save a lot of money.

And saving money isn't the only positive thing that could come of deciding to limit retail therapy. With all the talk about "going green" and recycling these days, you have to step back and wonder how you can help the effort. Gotta leave something for the Grandbabies!!!

No comments: